Each year events are organised around New Zealand by groups and individuals in support of the Breast Cancer Foundation NZ.
The Foundation is grateful for the vital awareness, support and funds that these events provide, our Community Fundraisers are invaluable!
Whether it’s a Pink Ribbon Breakfast, a bake sale or anything else, creating your own fundraising event/project is a really great way to raise money for BCFNZ. It can be as simple or as complex as you like.
How to get started
If you’d like to hold an event, our community event guide will help you get started. It contains heaps of helpful information and all the forms you need to hold an event.
We welcome fundraising events from individuals, clubs and organisations who wish to raise funds for us, and promote breast awareness and the Foundation. We do however need to take care to ensure that your event or project will align with our cause and the values of BCFNZ. Please ensure you read through the community event guide completely to understand these.
- Fill out the fundraising proposal form send it back by fax, email or post.
- We will issue you with a letter of approval and a community event number for you to use on your other forms.
- We leave you to your organising – but stay in touch! We are here to help if you need it.
- You can order some promotional material from us to sell at your event and/or free informative pamphlets about breast cancer and breast awareness. Just use the promotional materials request form and don’t forget to use your community event number (found on your letter of approval!). Please send this in at least 10 days before your event to make sure we can definitely get it out to you in time.
- Your event is over! Congratulations! If you could send the money back through to us within 30 days with the money return form that would be great. (Don’t forget to put your community event number on it so we can make sure we know who to thank when the money comes in.)
- We would love to hear about your event! Send us through a wrap up and even some photos if you would like. Please send through a photo release form with the photos – we may just want to use them for our promotional material.
A-Z Fundraising Ideas
Stuck for ideas? Want to add an extra element to your existing event?
Take a look at our handy A-Z guide of fundraising ideas!
- A: Abseiling, Absolutely Fabulous Afternoon Tea
- B: Bling Your Bra, Bad Tie Day, Bingo, Bake Sale
- C: Cake Stall, Clothes Swap Event, Car Wash
- D: Dance Marathon, Dress-Down Day, Dinner & Dance
- E: Easter Egg Hunt, Expert Talks, Ecology Trail
- F: Fashion Show, Fun Run, Film Night
- G: Girl’s Night In, Garden Party, Golf Day, Guess The Baby Photo Comp
- H: Head Shave, Hawaiian Luau, Halloween party
- I: International Food Evening, In Memory events
- J: Jazz Concert, Judo Competition, Jelly Jambouree
- K: Karaoke, Knitting Circle, Kissing Booth
- L: Leg Waxing, Ladies' Lunch, Left-Handed Day
- M: Masquerade Ball, Music Quiz, Mufti day, Movie Marathon
- N: Nature trail, Netball Tournament
- O: Open House, Opera Concert, Office Olympics
- P: Pink Party, Pink Day, Pink Ribbon Breakfast, Pink Anything!
- Q: Quiz Night, Quit-For-A-Month Campaign
- R: Rugby Tournament, Raffle, Relay Race, Rock ‘n’ Roll Night
- S: School Fair, Sausage Sizzle, Stand Up Comedy Gig
- T: Talent Competition, Teddy Bear’s Picnic, Thrift Sale
- U: Ultimate Frisbee, Umbrella Party
- W: Water Slide, Window Cleaning, Wear Pink
- X: X-Factor Party, Xylophone Concert
- Y: Yoga, Yo-Yo Tournament, Yacht Race
- Z: Zumba Party, Zoo Trip