We fund four individual sessions with a certified PINC cancer rehab physiotherapist
If you're recovering from breast cancer surgery and going through treatment, this is for you. Each session is specifically designed to maximise your recovery and help you regain physical and emotional strength.
If you've had risk-reducing surgery for high risk breast cancer gene mutations, you may also apply for funding.
Once approved, we'll send you a Pink Ribbon™ Card, which can be used for physiotherapy at your selected clinic.
Download the list of physio clinics.
Physio for recovery
The programme caters for all ages, levels of fitness and mobility and aims to:
- Optimise physical and functional recovery
- Ease pain and muscular tension
- Regain strength and mobility
- Increase energy levels and improve breathing
- Strengthen core muscles and improve posture
- Improve physical functioning and maintain independence
- Reclaim body confidence and control
- Reduce treatment-related side effects
- Shift focus from illness to wellness
How do I apply?
Physio for recovery - am I eligible?
To be eligible for four free sessions of physio for recovery, you must be undergoing, or have recently completed, treatment for breast cancer. Our funding is for people who would benefit from the programme but are unable to access it without financial support.
To help ensure our funds are targeted to those most in need, you'll be given preference if you have had breast cancer surgery in the last two years. If you've had physical complications following surgery, we also encourage you to apply.
Please note that PINC physiotherapists may require a surcharge in addition to BCFNZ funding. However, this should not exceed $10 per session.