BCFNZ 2022 Fellowship Programme - Applications Open
Breast Cancer Foundation NZ Fellowships provide the opportunity for a scientist or clinician to further develop their career, and at the same time to advance BCFNZ’s mission: Pushing for new frontiers in early detection, treatment and support in support of our long term vision of “Zero deaths from breast cancer”.
In 2022, we will offer TWO fellowships, valued at up to $120,000 each, depending on the calibre of the applicant and the scope and costs of the proposed project.
- 1x clinical fellowship; 1x science fellowship
- Fellowships may be taken in NZ or overseas (funds may be used to augment an international fellowship)
- People returning from overseas are encouraged to apply (the proposed fellowship project could run alongside part-time clinical FTE)
- Duration of fellowship is 1-2 years, and can be full-time or part-time
- We are happy to discuss flexibility of timing and other conditions.
Your fellowship can be on any subject, but here are some areas that interest us:
- Advances in early detection and diagnosis of breast cancer
- Development, trial, pilot or evaluation of new treatments, technologies and pathways
- Reducing variation in care
- Reducing inequity
- Metastatic breast cancer prevention, treatment and support
The Ronald Kay Science Fellowship is named for the late Dr Ronald Kay, who was a breast surgeon, patron and founding trustee of BCFNZ, long-time chair of BCFNZ’s medical advisory committee, founder member of the Auckland Breast Cancer Study Group, Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of England and the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
The Belinda Scott Clinical Fellowship is named for the late Dr Belinda Scott, retired breast surgeon, co-founder of BCFNZ, former BCFNZ medical advisory committee chair, and pioneer of sentinel node biopsy in New Zealand.
Applications are open from now until November 1, 2021 - you can apply online or, for more information, download the RFP:BCFNZ 2022 Fellowship RFP
Results will be announced mid-December 2021.
If you’d like to discuss your fellowship plan, or have any questions please contact Adèle Gautier, Research Manager, Breast Cancer Foundation NZ, 09 304 0961 / 021 423 353 or firstname.lastname@example.org