Internships at Breast Cancer Foundation NZ provide a great opportunity to gain valuable experience in a small but busy office.
You’ll have the chance to apply what you have learnt in the classroom and to develop your knowledge and skills in a non-profit environment.
By working in a small organisation you can guarantee you’ll make a huge difference and impact on the work we do. You’ll have the opportunity to see how a project comes together and what differences it can make to the lives of NZ women.
We have regular intakes of interns twice a year and we have a number of positions covering various aspects of our work including fundraising, marketing, project management, recruitment, volunteer management, events and communications.
Pink Ribbon Street Appeal Coordinator - Internship
The Pink Ribbon Street Appeal is one of Breast Cancer Foundation NZ’s largest fundraising campaigns. Every year, thousands of awesome volunteers all over the country get decked up in pink and give up their time to stand on the streets of NZ and raise vital funds for breast cancer research, education, advocacy, and patient support.
Internship role (full time for approximately 9 weeks) helping successfully deliver our Pink Ribbon Street Appeal on Friday 29th and Saturday 30th October. This role is suitable for a student or recent graduate in management, event management or marketing.
Purpose of Position:
1. To provide multi-faceted support to Breast Cancer Foundation NZ’s Pink Ribbon Street Appeal manager in the build-up to the Pink Ribbon Street Appeal.
2. To actively assist in the success of the Pink Ribbon Street Appeal as a successful fundraising campaign.
3. You will promote the mission of the Foundation: pushing for new frontiers in early detection, treatment and support. Our work encompasses education, awareness, research, medical support and development, community outreach and advocacy.
Key Tasks #1 – Pink Ribbon Street Appeal campaign support & planning -
· Work alongside the Pink Ribbon Street Appeal Manager to provide support to Area Coordinators and Volunteers as well as other key stakeholders.
· Manage updates, registrations & issues within our volunteer platform.
· Implement and support the recruitment plan of corporate groups and community service groups.
· Research new online and offline ways to promote the event and encourage more volunteers to take part.
Key Tasks #2 – Pink Ribbon Street Appeal logistics
· Develop stock lists and pack the stock required for Area Coordinators.
· Assist in the bank bag process for the tracking of banking in different areas.
· Manage the ordering and distribution process for volunteer t-shirts.
Key Tasks #3 – Communications
· Provide phone and email support for inquiries.
· Assist in volunteer journey and recruitment communications.
· Collect stories from volunteers to be used throughout the campaign.
Key Tasks #4 – Social media management
· Aide in the development of the social plan.
· Keep social media platforms up to date.
· Monitor and respond to comments and messages on social media.
· Analyse the effectiveness of social media posts and advertising and make recommendations to optimize social posting and advertising.
Knowledge & Experience:
· Social media knowledge/fluency
· Customer service experience preferred
· Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment
Skills & Attributes:
· High attention to detail and accuracy
· Can-do, willing and flexible attitude
· Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment
· Some level of Microsoft Office skills - Word, Excel and Outlook
· Strong, clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
· Friendly and confident manner
· Excellent customer service
· Knowledge of social media platforms
This is an unpaid internship (although a daily allowance to help with lunch and travel is provided). The role sits within the Fundraising team, and you will report to the Pink Ribbon Street Appeal Coordinator, based at Breast Cancer Foundation NZ's office in Parnell, Auckland.
Ideally, you'd be available full-time from mid-September to mid-November (however there is flexibility with this).
Breast Cancer Foundation NZ's Pink Ribbon Street Appeal Coordinator, Jovita Manickam, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and CV detailing relevant skills, experience and motivation for the role.